Friday, January 30, 2009

its a scarey feeling

I know that writings are supposed to be read but for me when I have to share my writing with others its a scarey feeling. Writing is such a personal thing for me, its about my life, my experiences, things that have happened to me whether they be good or bad experiences. Today, reading my essay out loud for everyone to hear was probably the most difficult thing I've had to do in a long time. I had a hard enough time trying to write it let alone trying to read it for any errors I had made. I tried to think about it not happening to me, like it was someone else's story that they were telling. Its so fresh in my mind, it feels like it was just yesterday even though this June will be a two years since the event. I feel like everytime someone reads my writing they are going to judge me personally, not just on how I like to write, but instead judge me and my life. Today I felt very vulnerable while I was reading my essay out loud, it was my worst fear when I was walking to class today. I was scared everyone would judge me and where I come from, that I had done the assignment completely wrong, or that I would start to get emotional while reading it out loud. It was a terrifying experience for me that I was scared to death that I would have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment